blogHOUSTON.net forum

For discussion of items posted to blogHOUSTON.net

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-27 06:15:19

Anne

Metro wishes you a Happy Monday!

via Chron.com:

Passengers riding MetroRail today should expect delays due to a broken water line at San Jacinto and Hermann Drive.

The water line break has washed out support under the track at that location and will require repairs past today's rush-hour service.

To avoid potential delays, Metro will be running double cars to handle extra passenger loads.

The only station affected by the break is the Museum District northbound platform. Passengers traveling northbound can get on and off the train at the Museum District southbound platform at Fannin and Binz.

No word on when normal service will be restored.

Random thought:  I wonder how everything's going on the "stray current" front?

KEVIN WHITED ADDS (about 4:30 pm): I crossed the light rail line at Wentworth and San Jacinto on my way home just a while ago. Since the METRO "transit backbone" is operating on one line, the signals aren't functional. A METRO police officer was at the intersection stopping traffic manually when a train came by.

A METRO skeptic might conclude the "transit backbone" has a bad case of osteoporosis.

Link to post:  http://www.bloghouston.net/item/2846

#2 2006-02-27 09:26:09

Laurence Simon
Is Full Of Crap
Website

Re: Metro wishes you a Happy Monday!

Maybe they can plug the leak in the water pipe with unused scratch-off cards?

#3 2006-02-27 09:53:25

Ubu Roi
Website

Nah. Unread copies of the Chronicle.

Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.  But they have no idea they're in a re-run.
The GOP has failed us for the last time.  It's time for a new way: the American Conservative Party
Proud non-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize (not even nominated!)

#4 2006-02-27 09:57:04

rorschach
Website

Anne wrote:

Random thought:  I wonder how everything's going on the "stray current" front?

Not well, as I posted over at  LST, lack of transparency seems to be contagious, now TXDoT has caught it and there may be an active case of it in the TXOAG's office as well.

http://redinktexas.blogspot.com/
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”
Samuel Adams

#5 2006-02-27 11:02:34

Royko

Wouldn't it be amusing if METRO had originally projected the 20-millionth "Forced" rider was to have boarded at the Museum District's  North-bound tram platform during the morning commute?

Last edited by Royko (2006-02-27 11:23:23)

"I'll keep my God, my liberty, my guns,
and my meager earnings; whereas,
you can keep "THE CHANGE!"

#6 2006-02-27 20:16:11

Laurence Simon
Is Full Of Crap
Website

I was on one of the held-up southbounds.

Motorcycle cops were riding in front of each Northbound through Museum District.

Board footer